Weekly progress ost #86: Editor stuff

I’ve been slowly working on Baba’s new, user-friendly editor (and missing updates; I’m behind by 3 at this point!) I started this process now in order to get certain functionality in that I’ll need for my own stuff but that’d require quite a lot of work to implement even in an ad-hoc debug-style editor. There’s one large feature missing but after that I’m about at the point where I can use this new editor for what I originally needed it for; of course after that there’s still a gigantic amount of general polish and feature creep to be done to get it to a point where I can present it to players, haha :D

During today’s stream I got those neat little preview images working as well as implementing a system for menu buttons. Also lots of smaller bugfixes to how the editor works. There’s a high temptation to do things in a hacky, just-get-it-to-work way, but at this point I’m really happy that I’ve taken the time to make things a bit more modular; saves a lot of pain.

Leave a Reply