Weekly progress post #67: Huge mushrooms

So yeah!! Today’s stream ended up being extra long and during it I ended up adding these props that I can put down where I want to liven up areas. They’ll be extremely helpful with more lush places because apparently it’s very hard (for me) to design an area with heavy vegetation in ESA 2’s tile system & colours. Getting these to work took way longer than I assumed + I ended up having to deal with some performance issues (albeit ones that turned out not to be caused by the newly-added props, or at least not entirely). I really hope I won’t have to spend much time optimizing things, but capsulehero told me some really simple and powerful quick optimizations which I think I’ll definitely be applying sometime soonish.

On top of this a new enemy was added & some adjustments were made, but the props were definitely the big thing of the stream; hopefully they’ll be worth it and not clash too badly with the rest of the art!

Leave a Reply