…Well, almost. I’ve felt that ESA 2 has been progressing fairly slowly, but when I checked last week, a surprisingly large amount of the map was done! There’s tons of work ahead for sure, though.
Tonight I added 3 new rooms, although 2 of them ended up being really rough drafts just to get to the next boss, on which I also worked a little bit. This boss is one I’ve been looking forward to, because it marks a rather important plot point and I have a fairly cool idea for how the boss might work. We’ll see!
I intended to work more on other projects, too, but ended up only concentrating on ESA 2. Oh well!
I didn’t really have a good idea of what I was going to do in today’s stream, but in the end there was plenty of stuff to tinker with. I spent most of the initial stream implementing a somewhat complicated lua code for the map generator (which will need some further looking at!! (Except I just now implemented it, hehe)) The rest of the stream was work on ESA 2 without any specific aim but with some really nice results; 3 new rooms were added and I had some time to refine the general idea of how things will work. I also reserved one room for a puzzle of some sort – it’ll be interesting to try to figure out how to approach those in this project.
In the end of the stream I also tinkered with a silly little colour-manipulation thing. It might be too inefficient to turn to use but it was fun to make!
Work was done mainly on the map generator tonight, but ESA 2 also got its share of new stuff, namely a new room and a new enemy! Needs more work but I’m happy nonetheless.
Today’s stream was pretty slow in terms of development, but I still added a couple new things, such as a new trap and the basis of a new room. Decorating the jungle-like area has turned out to be really hard for me, and I’ll have to figure out some kind of efficient plantlife decoration that could be used to make it more junglelike.
The end of the stream was spent on working on a little sideproject, of which I will talk more a bit later. Progress on it was pretty sweet, though!
A rather haphazard stream, but I got a bunch of things done! The most important of these was a new basic weapon for the player, because the old one was rather hard to estimate the range for (although it did look visually pretty cool!) I’ll have to add some more visual effectry to this one for sure but the basis is already really nice due to how easy it is to estimate just how far I can hit with it.
Next up will be finishing a certain area (while implementing some new enemies there), and then… SPACE!