I released yet another update to Masjin; this time to fix a bug that has made joining games almost impossible lately. Not that anyone ever playes the game, I just felt sentimental and wanted to play around a bit. Maybe I’ll organize a game someday.
Archive for the ‘Masjin’ Category.
So, that was a pretty neat christmas (my mother is the best chef everrr). Obviously couldn’t really work much on games during that time, although I did tweak some stuff for Incomitat (intending to get it working better). However, here’s The Plan:
- I’m going to update Masjin with mostly bugfixes soon. There were some weird things in the editor and the likes, and I’d like to get rid of those (possibly also add another item, we’ll see).
- I have a dare with Petri Purho to create a game in 7 days before 2012. Technically the LD game would suffice, but I think I want to prototype an older idea and see where I can go with it. We’ll see what comes out of this, but if everything goes right (wrong?) I may not be able to work on other stuff until the next year.
- Slowly working on Officer Alfred. I think the cutscene is nearly done, but I let my bro play the game and noted quite a few annoyances that I want to get rid of.
- SOPA sucks. A lot. If you live in the USA, go to the barricades or something.
So, as of version XYZ (?!) the game now has a neat level editor (which is probably pretty buggy at the moment; report all weird things you see!)
On other news, Ludum Dare 22 just began, with the theme “Alone”! I’ll see what I can create this time; the theme isn’t really one of my favourites but it’s somewhat inspiring and allows a whole lot of different concepts!
Here’s a level you can test with the editor.
^^ Seconded. The deadline is 17th October, and I really want to get this thing done before that! Once I’ve got a demo out for the competition, I’ll get back to work on the level editor.
Huh, I suppose I should eventually create a server app for players to use. I’m not sure if anyone would find it worthwhile, though …?
The level editor is coming up slowly but nicely; at the moment I’m thinking of a replacement for the molotov cocktail due to the fact that the poison bomb basically does the same job and is tons more efficient. Here are the two options I have currently in mind:
1) Black Hole bomb – It has been suggested at least thrice here, so I guess people would like to see it. Basically it’d be the opposite of gravity bomb, sucking people to the center of the explosion instead of pushing people away. I’m not sure how useful this’d be, but it could be used nicely in conjunction with a mine.
2) Remote-controlled bomb/missile – Basically a floating bomb/missile that the player could move about for a short while before detonating it. Could do wonders against turrets and people trying to hide in hard-to-reach places.
So what do you think?
The old port (65002) was broken, so I had to make this quickfix to migrate to 6121. Also a couple bugs are fixed, but all in all there isn’t much new.
The old port was 65002. It turns out Jamie changed this to 65000, which is of course a much neater and rounder number. Once I get the editor done I’ll put up a version with this changed.
(alternate ‘good’ ports are 6121 and 6122)
Version 1.9 is out! After a week-long battle with the server it’s finally here; though since I didn’t want to delay it further, most of the bigger promised additions are absent. Changelog:
* New server build! This is most probably a good thing, and will later allow IP-bans and such.
* Dedicated server! Thanks, Jamie and Mathias, you guys rock!
* New research subject – shopping time for the engineers!
* Ninja cloak was removed from research; it’s now available right away.
* Various bugfixes
* If a player breaks down (is left swimming mid-air, immortal etc), the game attempts to remove them so that they can’t spoil the game for others.
* Emoticons (sorta!) – push number buttons and experience beauty!
* Something else, possibly, can’t just remember what
In other news, Once in Space was reviewed at JayIsGames.com!